Manually Create New Sample
A sample record has to be created before submitting test results to the system. This file describes how you can manually create a new sample record using online forms. A new sample can also be created via uploading the correct DIMEXML file for non-Caltrans users. For the DIMEXML Schema, please visit the following link: https://dime.dot.ca.gov/index.php?r=dimexml/schema
Who can perform this task?
New samples can be created by users with data editing privileges.
1. Log into DIME by entering your Email and Password at the following login page: https://dime.dot.ca.gov/index.php?r=site/login
2. Once you are logged in, click on the "New Sample" link from the secondary menu.
3. Type the Caltrans project identification number into the Project Identifier box, select a material type, and select the sample taken date for the sample. Then hit the "Next" Button.
4. The page shows the rest of the form for creating a new sample after the "Next" button is clicked. Fill out at least all of the required fields.
5. If you would like to assign/send the samples to other labs, select labs from the field below. Also, provide any additional notes at the very end of the form. Click on the "Create Sample" button at the bottom of the page to create the sample when ready.
6. If there was any error with the data, the page prompts you the fix the errors. Example shown below:
7. Hit the "Create Sample" button again after all of the errors are fixed. You are redirected to the sample’s summary page after the sample record is created.