Often enough, there are some samples that share the same basic sample information, and you want to use the same basic information to create a new sample record without typing in the same information again. We are calling this task "Clone Sample", which was created for the exact reason. For instructions on how to search for a sample, please refer to the corresponding instruction file.
Who can perform this task?
Users with data editing privileges can perform this task.
1. Log into DIME by entering your Email and Password at the following login page: https://dime.dot.ca.gov/index.php?r=site/login
2. Search for the sample. Please refer to the other instruction files for details.
3. On the sample’s page, click on the "Clone Sample" link.
4. The page looks the same as the "Submit New Sample" page, except that the fields are prepopulated with the existing sample's information.
5. Please verify the information and make any modification as necessary.
6. Click on the "Create Sample" at the bottom of the page when ready.
7. You are redirected to sample’s detail page after submission.